How to Make your own Amiibo NFC Tags/cards?
If you are a Nintendo fan like us, you should be as excited with the title as much as we are. If you are a bit strange about the topic, let us explain: Amiibos are Nintendo’s toys-to-life platform that turns game character toys into wireless figurines connected to video games and adds new features or characters to the game.
Why Amiibos matter?
Because they unlock pretty cool gears and add strengths to characters and change your position in the games. And since the technology used here is NFC, you can really create your own Amiibo link.
In this article, we will tell you how to make your Amiibo through NFC stickers at home.
Normal Amiibos come as physical toys or cards, and they are quite expensive and rare to find. And if you are looking for some popular Amiibos like Gold Mario, Little Mac, Lucario, etc.
Besides that, Animal Crossing: New Horizons game has gotten so popular that the price of Animal Crossing Amiibo has skyrocketed – it’s truly amazing how these Nintendo Amiibos are on-demand, which reflected in their prices.
What do you need to make your own Amiibo?
First of all, you need some hardware and software ready to use. These are:
- NFC enabled Android or iPhone device (Please note that NFC technology is supported by iOS after iPhone 7. If you have an older model, check out third-party tools like Cattlegrid or Placiibo.
- NFC Stickers (IMPORTANT: ONLY NTAG 215is the NFC tag type you need to choose for making Amiibo, other tag (like Ntag 213 or Ntag 216) models will cause problems)
- TagMo Application and key files
- Amiibo .bin files in order to write onto NFC tag stickers (Click to download)
How to make Amiibo – Follow the below step by step guide
Step 1: Install the TagMo app on your device
- Unfortunately, it is not available on the Google Play store, so you have to download it from sites such as Github.
- Once you installed TagMo, you will need two specific bin files to work it correctly. These are unfixed-info.bin and locked-secret.bin. You can again search these files on several sites such as Reddit.
- When you got them, go to Settings of TagMo and load these keys. After they are uploaded, you will see the statements of “Unfixed key OK” and “Locked Key OK.”
Step 2: Now, it is time to get other files for Amiibos. Keep up; we are getting closer!
- Go to nfc-bank.com to get the files you need.
- Search for the Amiibo you want to create based on the game you focused on, such as Zelda games.
- Click on the Amiibo link to upload it to the NFC sticker and click Download all files.
- Ensure that all files are accessible on your smartphone because you will need to upload them to the TagMo app again. So, keep all files in the same location; if it is a zip file, you need to extract it before uploading it to the NFC sticker.
- Next, go to Load Tag and add the files of Amiibo.
- Finally, get your NFC sticker in your hand and close to your phone; click on “Write Tag.”
- The scanner screen will open and place your NFC sticker against the back of your phone.
- When you see the “Done” prompt, Amiibo creation will be done. Congratulations!
- Now, this NFC tag is only dedicated to selected Amiibo, and you cannot write multiple Amiibos on the same NFC sticker.
- When you play your game from the game console, hit the Amiibo button and scan your written NFC tag.
Voila! Your character is boosted with new tricks that you wanted or added to the game.
What is more, you can print Amiibo pictures on these NFC tags and stick them to the back, and it will feel like you are playing cards with Amiibo stickers on them. Alternatively, you can get a figurine and place an NFC tag to the bottom; hence, you can use the correct Amiibo NFC link when playing.
If you would like to learn more about all things NFC Ntag 215 Sticker or Ntag 215 card, Please contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling (86) 159-15435257. Thanks!